In the header, it says ‘new stuff’ instead of the name of the app.
• Provide a tip where to find information for economic specialization; or provide test data.
• Pilots could provide test data relevant for their region.
• Find and Upload related documents that are not blank in the “Related Documents Sector”.
• Replace “specialization” with the European term “Specialisation”.
• Replace the percentages in the “Technological Specialization Index” with actual indexes.
• Remove the “Others” part in the pie chart.
• Include the “NACE Code” of each sector as well.
• Add text below the pie chart that explains what these sectors and numbers refer to.
• Add information on how these data have been acquired.
• Provide test data for the Scientific Profile Specialisation Index.
• Explain why we provide the top three scientific areas, rather than only the top one.
• Improve the table in which the user uploads his/her data.
• Allow the user to upload data in CSV format – provide a CSV template to do so.
As already discussed we have no other data source than Scopus, in regards to the Scientific Specialization index. This is something we cannot do anything for. However, the complete guide on how to extract publication related information will be included in this application’s user guide as well.
– It might be confusing for the users to need to switch back to the ‘Scientific Production Profile’-app to retrieve information needed to continue with this app.
– Overall, quite clearly structured.
– The csv-file to be uploaded in Section B, stems from the ‘Scientific Production Profile’-app. This csv-file and the information it contains must be retrieved from Scopus. However, just as in the Scientific Production Profile app, Scopus doesn’t work, as you need log-in details to continue.
– In Section C, the user needs to fill in all the export data of the region. Where do you find this data?
– In Section C, some info boxes can’t be clicked on (for example, all boxes following European RCA). These will be filled by others beforehand?
– About: Step 1. Visit the Specialisation Indexes Application. = > a little confusing instruction for me as I am was looking for some other app I am supposed to use… => suggestion: Click on Access to Application or nothing at all
– Guide – very clear
– Access to app: The csv-file to be uploaded in Section B must be retrieved from Scopus. However, just as in the Scientific Production Profile app, Scopus doesn’t work, as you need log-in details to continue.
– Headlines of columns in “Economic Specialization Index “table, section C, could be fully visible.