Thank you for all the comments, they have been really helpful in improving the site.
Here are some of the changes that we have made over the past 2 months:
- Changed the layout of content pages. The content is now more in the centre and a bit wider.
- Changed the font a sans serif one.
- Changed forums styling to be more coherent with the rest of the site.
- External resources renamed to RIS3 resources (some of the resources were not external).
- Added a central navigation pages for applications (http://www.s3platform.eu/applications/). It is currently named “Application testing” because the applications are under a testing process and are not finished.
- Removed the three “balls” (policy-makers, etc.) from the front page. Fixed the join button.
- Restructured the top menu.
- Changed the place of the contact form and made it actually work.
- Fixed search page formatting and visuals.
- Added a link to the project website.
- Fixed some links and typos.
- Removed hidden pages visible in the search.
- More login options.
- Improved SEO.
- Added a plugin to send attachments on the forums.
- Upgraded the forum reply editor.
Yet, there is still a lot of improvements that should be done:
- Revision and proof-reading of content, especially for all phases.
- Making the tools uniform with the platform. Currently, they look quite different because they have been developed separately and are hosted externally.
- Changing footer to a smaller one.
- Adding a Captcha to registration to prevent spammers.
- Adding a possibility remove or disable your account. For now, you can contact us for that through the contact form.
- Moving the website to the EU and set up SSL.
We will keep on working on the platform and keep you updated on the changes.